Sunday, July 27, 2014

April 6 2014 letter

Hello hello! Long time, no write. Sorry I know I'm the worst. How is everyone???!!! I sincerely hope that you all are doing well, and that you enjoyed conference weekend. I have received many emails telling me that conference was amazing, and for all of you that asked, I was totally down for staying up all night and watching conference online. But President knows better than me and vetoed that idea. We'll watch it next weekend at our chapel in KL and I cannot wait! I teach people all the time about a living prophet and apostles and how important it is that we have them to lead and guide us, and I'm so excited to bring some investigators to see how inspired they are. I have been praying about some specific questions that I have, and I know that conference will answer them. 
Everything with me and my companion is still great. This is our last week together and then she's moving to Singapore and I get a new companion. My area is the size of TEXAS so we'll see how good I am at showing her around, I hope the poor girl is patient. 
Last week I had the opportunity to go to Singapore for Zone Conference. Okay Singapore is like a whole other world. People walk fast, public transportation is timely and efficient, and also not falling apart. haha and the food isn't scary or HALAL!! (halal is for Muslims) and it's nasty. 
We had one Sister a couple of weeks ago get deported back to her home country in Tonga so we were all nervous to go through immigration at the airport, so we fasted and prayed and Heavenly Father answered our prayers and allowed all 28 of us make it through without any problems. 
Something that I want to share with you all today is a missionary quote from Brigham Young, he says:
There is neither man nor woman not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life. 
As missionaries we are not doing our job unless we leave a commitment with anybody that we meet with. So today I want to ask you all to commit to NEVER apologize for your standards. I think we sometimes feel embarrassed for what we believe in. To be a missionary you don't have to do anything extraordinary. You just have to live what you know to be true no matter where you or who you are with. The price we pay for sticking up for what we believe in is far less than the reward that lies in store for us. 
Have a good week everyone! You all inspire me! I love you :)

Love,
Sister Krivanec

I want to share with you all something that my oh so wise father sent me.
The photo at the beach is my district in singapore.




No comments:

Post a Comment